Oct 8, 2022
The members of the Campmaster team met on October 8th for training and to get the Winter Camp buildings ready for the winter season.Fort Rice and four other buildings are available for your Pack or Troop to rent this winter. There are dates available in December 2022 through April 2023.
When you arrive at camp, volunteer Campmaster will be your greeter and host while your unit has a great time at camp. Camp Phillips is just as beautiful in the winter as it is in the summer.
Many units use this as a fun weekend away in the winter, when it is sometimes hard to find things to do. Here are a few great ideas for your unit at Winter Camp:
- Gather as a troop for a movie night or game night.
- Go Fishing! The fishing is great on Bass Lake and Bear Lake.
- Rent snowshoes, we have several routes and snowshoes available free of charge.
- Brave the cold and sleep in a quinzee.
- Build a large bonfire at Winter Camp or Fort Rice.
- Complete troop training or annual planning.
- Use Camp Phillips as your base camp for a skiing or tubing adventure. We're within an hour of Christie Mountain, Trollhaugen, Wild Mountain, Timberland Hills multi use winter trails, and American Birkebeiner multi use winter trails.
You can find the link to our Building Rental Site on the bottom of the page. On the Building Rental Site you can find additional details about each building.
Here are a few tips, after you have booked your stay:
- Each building has a stove with oven, refrigerator, and microwave. Your unit should plan on bringing pots, pans, dishes, utensils, coffee maker, and dish soap.
- All participants should bring sleeping bag, pillow, layers of clothing, extra socks, and extra footwear.
- We will provide paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, and trash bags.
- Your unit will need to leave your building better than you found it. We provide all necessary building cleaning supplies and a checklist to ease this process.
If you need any assistance, please reach out to Eric Muench at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-598-9299.