Chippewa Valley Council
Youth Protection Training
To complete your Youth Protection Training online, follow these steps:
1. Visit the web site my.scouting.org. The best browser to use is Google Chrome.
2. Log in or create an account.
Reference your BSA Member ID # when creating an account OR select “No” at the query “Do You Know
Your Member No.?”
3. After creating an account you will receive an email notification with your account information, including
a member ID/reference number.
4. Upon logging in to my.scouting.org select the button on the right hand side of the screen –
Youth Protection Begins with You.
5. At the screen labeled “My Youth Protection Training” select “Youth Protection Training”.
6. Youth Protection Training takes about 25 minutes to complete and includes some video content as well
as some questions to answer. The training begins with 7 minutes of video before a progress check
7. Progress checks continue to occur approximately every six minutes. If a question is answered
incorrectly you are able to re-answer.
8. One of the final steps to complete the training is to select your local Council. Select “Chippewa Valley
Council - #637”.
9. To finalize your training type in your name. For unit number, type in your unit number or “CVC Volunteer”.
Select “Print Certificate”.
10. You will now be at a screen where a certificate can be printed.
11. To ensure you are recorded as Youth Protection trained, please submit your certificate in one of the
- Print a certificate and mail to the Scout Service Center.
- Print a certificate and deliver by hand to a member of the Council Staff.
- Take a screen shot and email to Catherine Keys, email@example.com.
- Print as a pdf and email to Catherine Keys, firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Once you have printed or saved your certificate, you have completed Youth Protection Training.
Training should be completed every two years.