Car Check-in from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Racing Begins at 6:00 pm
Hosted by: Pizza Hut
1242 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Please register by: October 31, 2018
715-832-6671 or email@example.com
“Real” Class Rules:
Any pinewood derby kit car is acceptable including pre-1999 cars. All cars must meet weight, length, width, shape, and wheel rules.
1. Kit - Cars must be built with the materials furnished in a Pinewood Derby Car Kit.
2. Width - Overall car width including wheels, axles, and accessories shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
3. Length - Overall car length shall not exceed 7 inches. This includes any accessories attached to the car. NOTE: Verify wood block length before starting to cut out your car, as some blocks are actually slightly longer than 7 inches.
4. Weight - The completed car shall not exceed 5.00 ounces. The car may be hollowed out and built to a maximum weight by the addition of solid material provided it is securely built into the car. Weights secured by tape will not be allowed. Loose or liquid materials are not allowed. Details added to the car such as steering wheel, driver, decals, etc., are permissible as long as they are securely fastened to the car and do not exceed the car’s weight or size limit.
5. Ground Clearance - The distance from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the car must be no less than 3/8 inch in order to clear track runners. The 3/8 inch clearance also applies to any weights and/or attachments on the bottom of car.
6. Wheelbase - The distance between axle slots may not be altered.
7. Axles - Only the nails furnished with the kit are allowed. Axles must be installed in the slots provided by the manufacturer. Axles may not be altered in any way except for polishing.
8. Lubrication - Powdered graphite is the recommended lubricant. No liquid lubricant or waxes are permitted. Lubrication must be applied to axles prior to weigh-in. Lubrication is NOT allowed to be added after the car has passed inspection or during racing.
9. Design - The car shall not ride on any type of springs, have independent suspension, or be designed as a spring. The car may not have any starting devices. The car must be freewheeling and gravity driven.
10. Magnets - No magnetic material may be used on the car.
11. Wheels - Black or colored wheels are acceptable. All four wheels must be installed in-line with the axle slots on the derby car.
12. The car may not be designed in any way which would give unfair advantage at the starting gate or hinder the track starting mechanism to add momentum.
“Feisty” Class Rules:
Please note that the “Feisty” Class is designed for new racers and encouraged to be a fun racing experience for all. Rules will be very minimal for this class. Good Luck to all racers and please enjoy the race!
1. All cars must be made with a car kit or usage of a loaner car.
2. Cars can be modified to any specification that the racer would like.
3. Nothing combustible or flammable can be used on the cars.
4. Cars must follow standard Pinewood Derby size (7 inches in length and not exceed 2 ¾ inches in width) to fit on track.
5. The distance from the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the car must be no less than 3/8 inch in order to clear track runners. The 3/8-inch clearance also applies to any weights and/or attachments on the bottom of car.
6. Anything else goes!